|County||Milwaukee County, WI|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|266 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,536 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,750 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||786 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,862 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||674 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-22||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-21||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||17-23||20-25|
- Alverno College is a four-year, liberal arts, independent, Catholic college for women, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Chartered in 1887, the college offers weekday and weekend (every other weekend) undergraduate programs, and graduate programs for women and men.
- Alverno offers more than 60 undergraduate program areas of study (majors, minors, and associate degrees) in four schools: School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Education and School of Nursing. Alverno offers graduate programs for men and women: Master of Arts in Education, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Nursing, and Master of Science in Community Psychology.
- You'll find plenty to do on and around Alverno’s park-like 46-acre campus. There are over 30 student organizations, from social to special interest; performances by touring artists in Alverno’s Pitman Theatre; a student activities center, a coffeehouse (The Mug), a fitness center, gymnasium, outdoor volleyball pit, basketball court, and frequent arts and cultural events on campus.
- Alverno is located in a safe, residential neighborhood on the southwest edge of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with easy access to performing arts centers, museums, galleries, entertainment and shopping malls.
- Alverno College is accredited by the The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Wisconsin State Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Board of Nursing, National Association of Schools of Music, American Music Therapy Association, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
2017 Alverno College Alumnae Awards
1 year ago
2015-16 Alverno College Basketball Season Outlook
8 months ago