Le Moyne-Owen College
LeMoyne-Owen College is a private, historically black liberal arts institution, distinguished by diverse faculty, rigorous academic programs, and success in preparing students for professional careers, leadership, and service in the local and global community.
Le Moyne-Owen College
|County||Shelby County, TN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|74 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,105 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,000 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||105 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|ACT English (25-75%)||12-18||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-16||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||5-8||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||14-17||20-25|
- The merger of LeMoyne College and Owen College in 1968 joined two institutions, which had rich traditions as private, church-related colleges that have historically served Black students, founded and developed to provide higher education to students in the Mid-South area.
- LeMoyne-Owen College strives to provide an exciting and challenging academic and intellectual atmosphere and culture in which to teach and learn, promote the spiritual and moral development of each student, prepare students to be able to thrive in a diverse community, encourage the spirit of generosity and reinvestment in LOC with graduates giving time, talent and financial resources, foster self-sufficiency, self confidence and positive attitudes among our students, produce highly qualified and sought-after graduates, become a resource to address social and economic issues of the community, contribute to the preservation of African American culture.
- The undergraduate program at LeMoyne-Owen is carried out under five academic divisions offering majors in 21 areas of study leading to the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Science, or the Bachelor of Business Administration degrees.
- LeMoyne-Owen College strives to provide an exciting and challenging academic and intellectual atmosphere and culture in which to teach and learn and encourage the spirit of generosity and reinvestment in LOC with graduates giving time, talent and financial resources.
- LeMoyne-Owen College occupies a beautifully landscaped campus at 807 Walker Avenue in South Memphis. City Buses make regular stops throughout the day in front of the campus.
Related School Videos