|County||Orangeburg County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|138 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,954 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,884 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||70 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,891 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||63 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||380-490||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||380-490||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-20||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||14-21||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-20||20-25|
- Claflin University is an independent, four year, co-educational, residential, career-oriented liberal arts university affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
- Claflin University, founded in 1869 as Claflin University, is the oldest historically Black college or university in South Carolina. It was also the first college in the state to welcome all students regardless of race or gender.
- The University offers broad based education in liberal arts and sciences combined with internships and other career-focused programs. The University currently offers a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA), a Master of Science in Biotechnology. Claflin University offers 34 undergraduate majors, Master of Business Administration degree, Master of Science in Biotechnology and Master of Education in Educational Studies.
- At the undergraduate level, the University ensures that students receive a liberal arts education that is designed to produce graduates who understand themselves, as well as historical and social forces that impact the world.
- Claflin University's origins can be traced to 1866, when the Baker Biblical Institute was founded in Charleston, South Carolina. On April 2 of that year, working out of a building owned by the Institute, leaders of the Methodist Church organized the South Carolina Mission Conference.
- Claflin?s historic 43-acre campus, located in Orangeburg, South Carolina, occupies the former site of the Orangeburg Female Academy. A city of 15,000, Orangeburg is 40 miles south of Columbia, the capital of the state. The beautiful landscaping, historic buildings and stately live oaks invite passers-by to this friendly campus.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Claflin University in the Top Tier for the seventh consecutive year (1999-2005); in the Top Ten for the fourth consecutive year (2002-2005); and a number one Best Value among comprehensive colleges in the South for students working toward bachelor?s degrees.
Welcome to Claflin University!
3 months ago
Claflin University Class of 2024 Parting Ceremony
4 months ago
Spring 2020 Claflin University Virtual Commencement
0 months ago