Ohio Dominican University
As a Catholic liberal arts University with a Dominican tradition, Ohio Dominican University is guided in its educational mission by the Dominican motto: to contemplate truth and to share with others the fruits of this contemplation. Ohio Dominican offers a fully accredited, high quality, career-oriented education in a distinctive setting. The University spans 62 beautifully wooded acres. It is a place where diversity is embraced and individualism is celebrated.
Ohio Dominican University
|County||Franklin County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|102 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,663 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,874 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||789 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,127 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||536 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||440-560||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||450-520||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-25||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-25||20-25|
- The Ohio Dominican University liberal arts curriculum teaches skills valuable in every career and life - the ability to think critically, write proficiently, and communicate clearly. The University's nationally acclaimed Humanities program is at the core of every student's academic study at Ohio Dominican.
- The university has nearly 3,000 students and offers undergraduate degrees in 50 majors as well as several graduate degree programs. Ohio Dominican uses a student-centered approach, with a commitment to quality teaching and learning with a number of academic programs of distinction.
- ODU offers a wide range of options: graduate programs, online programs, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, four-year Bachelor's degrees, two-year Associate's degrees, 4+1 Masters degree programs and certificate programs. But we don't just give you options - we make your education our top priority.
- Ohio Dominican's primary mission is to provide degree and continuing education programs for the intellectual development, the growth in truth, of each student. In keeping with the Dominican tradition, educational experiences should be grounded in the liberal arts, foster the development of spiritual, aesthetic, and ethical values, promote physical and mental health, and provide for the development and responsible use of human skills and talents in professional and social service.
- Ohio Dominican is situated right in the heart of Ohio - Columbus, the 15th largest city in the United States.
- The College became Ohio Dominican University in 2002. Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. It is approved by the Ohio Board of Regents and, for the preparation of teachers, by the State of Ohio Department of Education.
Related School Videos