Belhaven University is a Christian liberal arts college dedicated to helping people grapple with the complex issues of life and to preparing them for positions of leadership in a rapidly changing society. A community of professors and students working together in a Christian environment, Belhaven emphasizes the importance of the individual. Belhaven University is a contemporary institution built on the timeless principles of service and excellence in higher education. Since its founding, Belhaven University has sought to fulfill the mission expressed in its motto: "non ministrari, sed ministrare" (to serve, not to be served).
|County||Hinds County, MS|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|118 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,434 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,358 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,076 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,520 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||914 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||440-590||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||470-560||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-25||20-25|
- Belhaven University has a rich heritage of prominence in education dating back to 1883. Five bachelor's degrees are offered in twenty major areas in fifteen departments. In addition to traditional majors, two programs of general studies are available: humanities and sciences. There are also pre professional programs in the ministry, medicine, dentistry, law, and nursing, and a professional program in medical technology.
- Each student is encouraged to develop and grow to the best of his or her potential and to face the future with confidence and determination. Interwoven into academic preparation is a curriculum which emphasizes personal values and constructive attitudes toward work, other people, and the quality of life.
- Belhaven strives for excellence in higher education. The university is dedicated to the belief that only the Christian liberal arts institution can educate men and women capable of totally purposeful action and direction.
- Belhaven University is located on a forty-two acre site near the heart of Jackson, the capital and largest city in Mississippi. Jackson, a growing center of industry, commerce, culture, and the arts, has expanded in population from 7,000 at the beginning of the century to a major metropolitan area encompassing about 400,000 individuals. Jackson prides itself on its residential areas, its impressive state and city office buildings, its spacious parks, and its progressive spirit.
- Belhaven University is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associates, bachelors, and masters degrees.
Related School Videos