|County||Kent County, MI|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|339 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,008 students||1,633 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||3,763 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||29 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||2,559||571|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||96%||96%|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||520-670||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||540-690||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||23-31||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||23-29||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||24-30||20-25|
- At Calvin, you will be encouraged to consider all things — and with nearly 100 academic options to choose among, you can cover a lot of intellectual ground. We believe that when you go out to serve in God's world, you need to understand how the world works — and how your unique gifts can be of use.
- Calvin's core curriculum is intentionally designed to offer the knowledge, the skills and the virtues students need to be informed and effective agents in all domains of life. The core begins with two gateway courses, concludes with a senior capstone course and is permeated throughout with a Christian worldview and a broad, faith-based engagement with surrounding culture.
- A variety of college guidebooks rate Calvin highly. America's Best Colleges, the prestigious guide from U.S. News & World Report, ranks Calvin second among Midwest comprehensive colleges. Calvin is also included in the selective Fiske Guide to Colleges, Barron's Best Buys in College Education and The Best 351 Colleges, published by the Princeton Review. Calvin has recently been included in a new listing, America's Best Value Colleges, by the Princeton Review.
- Calvin's off-campus programs teach students that renewal is a worldwide effort. Students spend semesters in 10 locales — including France, Honduras, Spain and China — where they learn more about other cultures, themselves and their purpose in God's world. Calvin's on-campus institutes study specific intersections between Christian faith and culture, including worship, politics, pedagogy and business.
- Calvin's 390-acre campus is located in a suburban setting of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Approximately 650,000 people live in the metro area, providing ample opportunities for jobs, service-learning, and entertainment.
Calvin College Gospel Choir South Korea Tour 2020
10 months ago
Merry Christmas from Calvin College 2018
2 months ago
Calvin College Crash Course
3 years ago