|County||Warren County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|124 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,039 students||1,633 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,507 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||7 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,224||571|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||99%||96%|
|ACT English (25-75%)||21-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-26||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-27||20-25|
- Simpson students thrive in an environment that fosters personal growth and development as well as academic achievement. The college endeavors to provide each of its approximately 2,000 students with the resources and experiences to assist them on their journey to becoming a mature, whole person.
- The curriculum includes more than 80 majors, minors and pre-professional programs. A 4-4-1 academic calendar provides students with many learning opportunities including internships, career observations and study programs both in the United States and abroad.
- Eighty-four percent of students are involved in student government, newspaper, yearbook, radio, intercollegiate and intramural sports, Greek life, departmental activities, honor and professional groups, music, drama, religion and other interest groups.
- Simpson's campus is a great place to call home and living on campus is an integral part of the Simpson Experience. Our 73 acre tree-lined campus is bordered on the north by one of the city's largest parks. Simpson offers many residential experiences including residence halls, apartment-style living, theme houses and an active Greek system.
- Simpson is also the summer home of internationally recognized Des Moines Metro Opera.
- Noted scientist George Washington Carver began his college career at Simpson in 1890.
- Simpson College has been fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association since 1913.
Simpson College Athletic Facilities
3 months ago
Simpson College | Bachelor Degree Completion
4 months ago
Simpson College Welcomes Students from Texas
8 months ago