|County||Polk County, FL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|115 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,703 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,213 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||490 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,448 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||255 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Southeastern is primarily a residential, undergraduate university (approximately 75% of traditionalstudents live on campus). Our students come from varied academic backgrounds. Before enrolling at Southeastern, studentshave attended public, private and Christian schools; others have been homeschooled.
- Southeastern offers 44 programs leading to bachelor's and master's degrees. All students are requiredto complete 54 hours of general education course work in addition to their major.
- Every academic program at Southeastern includes Biblical studies, professors who care about students’academic and spiritual growth, and a campus full of people who are committed to Christ. As a new freshman, you belong to oneof our small, interactive FIRST teams, which gives you 8 to 12 new friends right away and helps you ease into our academiccommunity.
- Like other universities, we offer a long roster of community activities, from thought-provoking tojust plain fun: community service teams, our student film festival, guest speakers, leadership seminars, fine artsperformances; honor societies and academic clubs; Student Body Leadership Council (SBLC) and resident assistants (R.A.s);FIRST teams activities, Thursday night student life events, outdoor activity groups like Surfers of Faith; newspaper andyearbook; cheerleading; and SUTV and SU Radioactive.
- Research proves that graduates of liberal arts universities, such as Southeastern, develop the widestrange of marketable skills, including public speaking, writing, problem solving, research, an acumen for organization, and anadeptness with technology. Students hone all these of these skills through Southeastern's liberal arts (general education)curriculum. Southeastern's liberal arts requirements also include 18 hours of religion courses to provide students with astrong Christian worldview as the foundation to all of their intellectual and professional pursuits.
- Think palm trees, orange groves and wide sunsets reflected in sparkling lakes. That is the setting forour beautiful Mediterranean-styled campus in Lakeland, Florida, where students enjoy a year-round average temperature of 72degrees. Situated between two lakes on more than 68 acres, our location provides students easy access to the cultural andrecreational opportunities of nearby Tampa, Orlando and the Florida Sun Coast.
1 year ago