The University of Minnesota, Morris (UMM) is recognized as one of the best public liberal arts colleges in the nation because of its instructional excellence, its commitment to research, its numerous extracurricular programs and services, and its strong sense of community. UMM provides undergraduate students with the resources of the University of Minnesota, yet it is a small personal school where students can shape their own education. The campus serves undergraduate students from Minnesota, and across the nation, and is a highly valued educational resource and cultural center for residents of West Central Minnesota.
University Of Minnesota-Morris
|County||Stevens County, MN|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||1,530 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||154 students|
|Total Enrollment||1,684 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,022 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||42%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$2,676|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||38%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$3,183|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||79%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$3,931|
|% Students Receiving Loans||62%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$6,595|
- University of Minnesota, Morris (UMM) has a unique mission and offers the best of both in the world of higher education—a small, close-knit campus complemented by the power of a world-renowned research University system.
- UMM offers outstanding academic programs in support of its mission to provide an exceptional liberal arts education. Thirty majors from a variety of disciplines are organized, in part, into four divisions: Education, Humanities, Science & Mathematics, and the Social Sciences.We offer 30 majors from among various disciplines which are organized, in part, into 4 divisions: Education, the Humanities, Science & Mathematics, and the Social Sciences. Each division has an office and an administrator, the division chair.
- Enrolling at UMM means becomming part of a vibrant student body. Through over 100 clubs, activities and events and a wide array of sports and recreation options. UMM students are deeply involved in campus life throughout the academic year. Add to this the roster of guest speakers, workshops, and special events, and you get a rich student experience that rivals that of any school.
- UMM offers a variety of study abroad opportunities for beginning languages students and advanced travelers alike. There are programs in over 50 countries on five continents. Popular student destinations include Australia, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, England, France, Greece, Italy, South Korea, New Zealand, The Netherlands, and Thailand.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Koplant No Comes to the Icehouse on January 4th - Jazz Police (blog)
posted on January 3, 2013 at 11:39:52 pm
Koplant No Comes to the Icehouse on January 4thJazz Police (blog)He studied music at the University of Minnesota-Morris, and earned an MMA degree under Chris ...
- What the wind energy production tax credit means for Minnesota - Minnesota Public Radio
posted on December 31, 2012 at 06:41:19 pm
Minnesota Public RadioWhat the wind energy production tax credit means for MinnesotaMinnesota Public Radio... turbines at the University of Minnesota-Morris produce between 60 and 70 ...
- University of Minnesota a good value -- for out-of-staters - Pioneer Press
posted on December 30, 2012 at 08:24:01 pm
University of Minnesota a good value -- for out-of-statersPioneer PressThe only other Minnesota school to make the list was the University of Minnesota-Morris, which ...