|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Texas College Rejects African Students Citing Ebola
0 months ago
Texas college marching band 2014
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Texas college rejected Nigerian applicants because of Ebola
posted on October 15, 2014 at 05:14:00 pm
Navarro College in Texas claims they mistakenly cited the Ebola virus as ...
- Students describe bloody stabbing rampage at Texas college
posted on April 10, 2013 at 12:51:00 pm
A crazed college student who went on a stabbing spree Tuesday on his Texas campus left a trail of ...
- Students describe bloody scene at Texas college
posted on April 10, 2013 at 11:28:00 am
Cypress, Texas — Dylan Quick was a shy young man who took out the trash and gardened with his parents, neighbors thought. That image was shattered Tuesday when police ...