|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
Central Texas College
4 days ago
Texas College Student Shot, Killed By Campus Police
0 months ago
HBU Football vs Texas College
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Hackers breach Texas college server, thousands compromised - SC Magazine
posted on February 19, 2014 at 06:59:07 pm
Texas State Technical College (TSTC) Waco is notifying almost 3,000 former students and fewer than 2,000 employees that personal information may have been comprom ...
- Quintanilla signs to play volleyball at Western Texas College - Plainview Daily Herald
posted on February 13, 2014 at 08:59:52 pm
Plainview High School senior Lupita Quintanilla (seated, center) signs a letter of intent Thursday morning to play volleyball at Western Texas College in Snyder. Loo ...
- Outgoing UNLV president to earn $505000 as head of Texas college - Las Vegas Review-Journal
posted on January 29, 2014 at 03:34:36 am
Under his new contract with the Texas university in Denton, a community northwest of Dallas, he will he be eligible for travel reimbursement, club memberships and a moving allowance. ...