|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
Belhaven Football vs. Texas College Recap
2 months ago
LC Soccer Scrimmage vs. Texas College
2 months ago
South Texas College Registration Round-up
3 months ago
South Texas College graduation 2013
5 months ago
Related School News:
- Texas College Night set for Nov. 6 - Houston Chronicle
posted on November 4, 2013 at 09:51:11 pm
According to a release from the district, "Texas has outstanding colleges and universities and HISD's 2013 Texas College Night is a great way to narrow ...
- Houston Baptist Huskies down Texas College Steers, 49-7 - Examiner.com
posted on November 3, 2013 at 11:41:46 pm
Under a clear blue sky on a mild, fall Texas afternoon, the Houston Baptist University Huskies rattled off 49 unanswered points to win their third game of the 2013 seaso ...
- Texas College upsets Wiley in RRAC tourney - Marshall News Messenger
posted on November 2, 2013 at 09:10:27 am
Angel Estrada netted a pair of first-half goals to lead the visiting Texas College Steers to a 2-1 triumph over Wiley College in the first round of the Red R ...