|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges II|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||739 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||55 students|
|Full-Time Graduate||11 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||2 students|
|Total Enrollment||807 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||460 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||88%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||82%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$3,886|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||70%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$3,349|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||22%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$3,705|
|% Students Receiving Loans||60%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$3,214|
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
Texas College "Da Quietest Kept Secret"
4 years ago
Related School News:
- Cotton Bowl watchers et al.: Do you know your Texas college football history? - Christian Science Monitor
posted on January 4, 2013 at 02:48:55 pm
Christian Science MonitorCotton Bowl watchers et al.: Do you know your Texas college football history?Christian Science Monitor4 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The game, plus five other bowls played in the state, are sure to keep Texans and college football ...
- Tyler Police investigating early-morning nightclub shooting
posted on November 26, 2012 at 11:10:00 am
Tyler Police are investigating an early-Monday ...
- Texas College president makes history
posted on May 11, 2012 at 11:16:00 pm
It is a first for Texas College in North Tyler. The historically black university elected it's ...