|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
"Why South Texas College?" TV Commercial
15 days ago
South Texas College Happy
3 months ago
Diesel Technology Program at South Texas College
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Texas college gets a new on-campus pub - KTXS
posted on July 26, 2014 at 07:31:41 pm
It closed shortly thereafter and has left the small San Antonio liberal arts college without a watering hole ever since. Tom Contreras told the San Antonio Express-News that he wants St. Mary's ...
- Aspiring Police Officer and Texas College Student Rescues Woman Who Tried ... - University Herald
posted on July 26, 2014 at 02:13:11 pm
Aspiring Police Officer and Texas College Student Rescues Woman Who Tried to Jump Off a Bridge. Blake Pryor (Photo : Facebook/Blake Pryor) Blake Pryor (R) has shown he already has the instincts of a law enforcement officer. Blake Pryor, a Tarleton ...Texa ...
- Appeals court allows race in Texas college admissions - USA TODAY
posted on July 16, 2014 at 12:10:21 am
Last year, the Supreme Court ruled that the federal appeals court based in New Orleans didn't apply "strict scrutiny" when making its initial decision to uphold the University of Texas admissions policy, which allows the use of race as a factor in ...Breaking news: Appeals court rules University of Texas can use race ...