|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
Central Texas College
4 days ago
Texas College Concert Choir
1 month ago
Texas College Student Shot, Killed By Campus Police
0 months ago
Related School News:
- Rowe volleyball player signs with Western Texas College - The Valley Town Crier
posted on April 1, 2014 at 02:46:31 pm
Victoria Garcia, a senior at McAllen's James “Nikki” Rowe High, answers questions from local news media after she signed a letter of intent to play volleybal ...
- South Texas College announces upgraded bond rating - The Valley Town Crier
posted on March 31, 2014 at 07:16:14 pm
The bond rating of South Texas College has been upgraded one notch by Standard and Poor's Rating Services (S&P). The bond rating of the College's outstanding g ...
- Texas College celebrates 120 years - Brownsville Herald
posted on March 27, 2014 at 02:17:48 pm
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort WorthIn addition to celebrating the school's founding, the college also celebrated 50 years of existence for the Top Ladies of Distinction Inc., a public service organization founded on the Texas College c ...