|County||Smith County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||824 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||808 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||822 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally. Texas College attempts to develop individuals who are critical thinkers, who are prepared to function effectively in the information age, and who become concerned and active participants in all facets of society, making positive contributions toward the betterment of the global communities. To accomplish this end, the college offers A curriculum in the arts and sciences, Special programs to help each student in the elimination of various difficulties which tend to impede progress toward total development, Programs which satisfy requirements in fields which have a relatively high employment demand and/or lead to preparation in a professional career.
- Texas College offers 16 baccalaureate degree programs within three divisions. Majors may be declared in: Art, Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Education, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Political Science, Liberal Studies, Social Work and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. We also have an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who already have their baccalaureate degrees.
- Texas College is located in Tyler, Texas - 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport.
- Texas College is affilited by Governed by the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
Related School Videos:
"Why South Texas College?" TV Commercial
15 days ago
South Texas College Happy
2 months ago
Diesel Technology Program at South Texas College
2 months ago
Related School News:
- North Central Texas College names a finalist for president position - KXII-TV
posted on June 29, 2014 at 04:18:32 am
Regents voted unanimously on Thursday to name Dr. Brent Wallace the lone finalist for the position. He is currently the Vice President of Instruction at NCTC, wher ...
- Hoffman: Western Texas College cowboy wins national saddle bronc riding title - LubbockOnline.com
posted on June 26, 2014 at 05:50:04 am
CoBurn Bradshaw of Western Texas College clinched the saddle bronc riding title at the College National Finals Rodeo in Casper, Wyo. When the title was at stake during the final ro ...
- Agents Want More Time With Texas College Athletes - Texas Tribune
posted on June 22, 2014 at 06:16:44 pm
A sports agent's first impression on a college player can mean the difference between representing a late first-round draft pick, like Texas A&M's Johnny Manzi ...