Black Hills State University
Black Hills State University
|County||Lawrence County, SD|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|167 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,410 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,526 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,884 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||3,977 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||433 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|ACT English (25-75%)||17-23||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||18-23||20-25|
- Black Hills State University, founded in 1883, now is a coeducational, four-year undergraduate institution with an enrollment of nearly 3,900 students. Students looking for a small-but-growing public university located in one of the most scenic parts of the United States should consider Black Hills State. The university combines outstanding academic programs and great recreational opportunities to create the type of learning environment that is rarely offered by other institutions. BHSU's liberal arts philosophy and state-of-the-art technology provide the tools necessary for success. BHSU offers more than 80 bachelor degree majors and minors as well as two master’s degree programs.
- Black Hills State University has enjoyed a long and successful history of educating the citizens of South Dakota and the west river region. The founding of the institution began in 1881 when the Dakota Territorial Legislature passed a law providing for a normal school to be built at Spearfish in the Black Hills Dakota Territory. Approximately $800 was raised for the purchase of 40 acres of land. The Dakota Territorial Normal School at Spearfish became a reality in 1884, with a total budget of $2,000 for the first two years of operation.
- We’re here to challenge you. We’re here to inspire you. But most of all, we’re here to prepare you. Select from 56 majors, 40 minors, eight associate degree programs and 21 areas of pre-professional study offered through three colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Technology, and the College of Education.
- Black Hills State University is located in beautiful Spearfish, SD, the hub of the Northern Black Hills with a population of more than 10,000. Located on I-90, 10 minutes from the Wyoming border, Spearfish is only 46 miles from Rapid City, 65 miles from Mount Rushmore National Memorial and is an hour drive from Devils Tower and the Badlands of South Dakota. Spearfish Canyon, one of the oldest and most scenic canyons in the west, is a local favorite for hiking, biking and sightseeing.
- Black Hills State University is accredited by The Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, National Association of Schools of Music, South Dakota Department of Education and Cultural Affairs, Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board.
Transfer to Black Hills State University
5 months ago
Pass Break Up Drill Black Hills State University SD
10 months ago
Black Hills State University-Rapid City
2 years ago