|County||Rapides County, LA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|92 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,511 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,139 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||372 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,176 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||335 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-600||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||420-600||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||400-600||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||17-24||20-25|
- Louisiana College provides students with the ideal mix of challenging academics, a strong Christian foundation, and an accomplished and supportive faculty that truly cares about students. The faculty and staff of Louisiana College genuinely care for the students. Their primary concern is to enhance student learning and to encourage the student’s Christian growth. Approximately two thirds of the faculty hold terminal degrees in their academic discipline.
- The college was chartered in 1906 as a non-profit corporation with the object “to own, operate and conduct a Baptist college, . . . to foster Christian education.” It is governed by a Board of Trustees which is chosen by the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
- LC offers a wide range of academic programs. Our 10 academic divisions offer a liberal arts-centered education in more than 70 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs of study. Learn more about the academic divisions or explore the programs of study. Degrees Offered are Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of General Studies.
- The college is located on an 81-acre campus with a total of twenty-five academic and residential buildings. The campus is located in the Alexandria-Pineville area of central Louisiana.
- The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and bachelors degrees.
Related School Videos:
Louisiana College Baseball 2014 Season In Review
3 months ago
2013 Louisiana College Football Highlight Video
5 months ago
Kaci Willis - Louisiana College (February 28, 2014)
5 months ago
Related School News:
- Which Louisiana college football quarterback will have the best 2014 season? - The Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
posted on August 28, 2014 at 01:16:59 pm
Third-year Louisiana-Lafayette starter Terrance Broadway is the most experienced quarterback in the state, having led the Ragin' Cajuns to a pair of nine-win seasons and New Orleans Bowl victories. And three transfer quarterbacks -- McNeese State's ...Free parking, ...
- Soccer opens 2014 with Louisiana College on Friday - nsudemons.com
posted on August 21, 2014 at 09:00:49 pm
NATCHITOCHES â€“ The Northwestern State soccer team is set to open its season 2014 season on Friday when the Lady Demons host Louisiana College at 7 o' ...
- The Princeton Review Includes Seven Louisiana Colleges in Its Ranking List - Guardian Liberty Voice
posted on August 10, 2014 at 04:38:13 pm
The Princeton Review's annual ranking list was recently published, and it includes seven Louisiana state colleges. However, some schools got into quite unflattering categories. Unlike ...