Founded in 1906, Louisiana College is a private, Baptist coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs. Built upon the principles of character and learning, the College has a tradition of outstanding academics and is the only Baptist, four-year institution in Louisiana.
|County||Rapides County, LA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|92 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,511 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,139 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||372 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,176 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||335 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-600||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||420-600||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||400-600||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||17-24||20-25|
- Louisiana College provides students with the ideal mix of challenging academics, a strong Christian foundation, and an accomplished and supportive faculty that truly cares about students. The faculty and staff of Louisiana College genuinely care for the students. Their primary concern is to enhance student learning and to encourage the student’s Christian growth. Approximately two thirds of the faculty hold terminal degrees in their academic discipline.
- The college was chartered in 1906 as a non-profit corporation with the object “to own, operate and conduct a Baptist college, . . . to foster Christian education.” It is governed by a Board of Trustees which is chosen by the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
- LC offers a wide range of academic programs. Our 10 academic divisions offer a liberal arts-centered education in more than 70 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs of study. Learn more about the academic divisions or explore the programs of study. Degrees Offered are Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of General Studies.
- The college is located on an 81-acre campus with a total of twenty-five academic and residential buildings. The campus is located in the Alexandria-Pineville area of central Louisiana.
- The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and bachelors degrees.
Related School Videos