|County||Grayson County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|100 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,260 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,253 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,242 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||18 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||560-660||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||570-670||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||530-650||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||23-29||20-25|
- Through liberal arts and sciences coursework, Austin College students learn to question, to think critically, and to arrive at their own informed conclusions. Combined with first-rate preparation in their major fields of study, our academic program nurtures the intellectual skills that make for lifetime learners. Extraordinary opportunities for study abroad and community service round out the Austin College undergraduate experience.
- Austin College is pleased to call itself a contributing member of the larger community. The College serves the Sherman and North Texas Region through public forums, exhibits, and performances, and by making its facilities available to local organizations. The College’s faculty makes itself available as expert sources in a variety of fields.
- Austin College is one of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges, distinguished by strong academic programs and the on-campus environment it provides its students. We are proud of our rich history and our ongoing commitment to educational excellence in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Extraordinary study abroad program (70+% of our students participate), as well as a language residence for students of German, Spanish, French, and Japanese language and culture. Almost 300 acres of nature preserve for science and environmental research. Also month-long Jan Term that lets you spend four weeks studying off-the-beaten-path topics like Agatha Christie On Screen, the Rock Art of Ancient Texans, Faces of Jesus, Wide Open Writing, Scuba Diving, and Sleep and Dreams.
- Austin College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Texas Education Agency to award the bachelor of arts degree and the master of arts in teaching (MAT) degree. The College holds the Iota of Texas Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.
FUGE Austin College 2019 (Best FUGE Staff Ever?!?!)
2 months ago
Trinity Football vs Austin College Recap
15 days ago